MaraDNS stable will be updated to 1.2.12.09 Friday

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:46:45 EST 2007

Just a quick heads up that I will release an updated stable version of
MaraDNS, 1.2.12.09, on Friday.  The bugs fixed in this version are
fairly minor; I will continue to support 1.2.12.08 for a while after
this release, but encourage people making MaraDNS packages for
distributes to update to the latest version; the only changes are
bugfixes.

A week from Friday, I will probably release 1.3.07.08, which will be a
new stable branch of MaraDNS.  I have also basically EOLed the 1.0
branch; It's pretty much a dead branch at this point; the only fixes
will be Bugtraq-worthy security problems.

1.2.12 will continute to be supported for another three years or so.
The only changes will be critical updates, and important maintainence
fixes, such as updating the root servers when needed.  Indeed, one of
1.2.12.09's changes is that l.root-servers.net (not i) has changed its
IP address.

I'm devoting most of my energy to the upcoming 2.0 resolver; it is
already a usable non-recursive DNS cache suitable for putting in
embedded routers and what not (no threads, yay).  The latest info is
over at http://www.maradns.org/blog