zone_transfer_acl by zone?

Hugo Salgado H. hsalgado at vulcano.cl
Fri Jul 13 22:01:14 EDT 2007

Sam Trenholme wrote:
>> > I'm wondering if Maradns is capable of allow transfer of zones
>> > to external dns servers with different ACL for different zones.
>
> First of all, since my day job is an ESL teacher for native Spanish
> speakers, I hope you don't mind my pointing out it's "of allowing"
> since one uses the gerund when the verb is the object of a
> preposition.

Thanks! I love free english lessons.

> Second of all, I don't know what happened, but this email went in to
> the spam folder of my Gmail account.  I don't think there is an army
> of Chileans who are selling (or need, for that matter) penis
> enlargement pills.

Don't worry... we only sell what others need, that's how this
thing works, don't you think? ;)

> OK, so on to the question.  MaraDNS, alas, doesn't have this feature.
> This is a nice feature to have; I wish I had thought of it before the
> 1.3 feature freeze I declared on June 21st.
>
> Basically, I have declared a feature freeze on June 21st, so I will
> not be making any changes to the MaraDNS codebase except documentation
> improvments, adding SQA tests, and bug fixes.  Hopefully, I will
> remember this feature request once 1.3.07 stabilizes and I start
> adding features again.

It'll be great. That's the only feature that keeps me switching from
bind to maradns in my primary zones :(

> You know, I have always wanted to go to Chile.  Unfortunately, my
> girlfriend isn't too keen (eager) on going there.  It might have
> something to do with my ex being half-Chilean.

Your girlfriend is wise... chilean women are a big temptation! ;)
But you'll find nice and welcoming people, and at least this grateful
maradns user to invite you "chicha y pipeño"!

Thanks,

Hugo