MaraDNS stops resolving

lars lars at hfk-bremen.de
Wed May 30 04:30:23 EDT 2007

hi, sam,

and thanx for the reply.

> There are a lot of things that may be causing this issue, and it will
> take a while to troubleshoot and fix.  Especially since I don't have
> internet at home.

nice joke ;-) eeh - "really ... ?!"

> Basically, here is what MaraDNS does when making a remote DNS query:
> (...)
> * Once MaraDNS gets a reply, MaraDNS then processes the reply.

thanx for the good explanation!

> Now, Lars, when MaraDNS is getting these errors, can you use dig or
> askmara to make normal DNS queries?  For example, @dig @198.41.0.4
> www.maradns.org@" or "askmara Awww.maradns.org. 198.41.0.4" (Without
> the quotes)

since it happens only occasionally i´ll have to wait for the next
time; then I will give it a try and post the result here.

> Newer 2.6 kernels can handle threading a lot better then 2.4 kernels,
> for example.

OK. but i am using 2.6.15-1-686 on both machines.

*but* i am using debian on both machines as well *and* the maradns
that came with the distribution. maybe it is a problem caused by some
dependencies between maradns and the libraries debian is using .. ?!
just an idea.

greetings

lars