No subject

Wed May 23 04:33:03 EDT 2007

verbose_query

verbose_query: Whether to verbosely output all DNS queries that the
recursive DNS server receives. If this is set to 1, then all recursive
queries sent to MaraDNS will be logged.

This is mainly used for debugging.

In other words, to give me more information, try adding this to your mararc:

verbose_query=1

This will make a log of each recursive query MaraDNS spawns.  This
will, hopefully, make it possible for me to reproduce the concern,
once I get a sufficiently verbose log file sent to me in private
email.

It is also possible to have MaraDNS have a higher logging level after
being started.  Again, I set this up to make debugging these kinds of
problems easier.  Basically, try adding something like this to the
mararc file:

admin_acl = "127.0.0.1"
remote_admin = 1

Then, to up MaraDNS' logging level:

askmara T9.verbose_level.maradns.

Or, for that matter:

dig @127.0.0.1 9.verbose_level.maradns TXT

To lower the logging level:

askmara T0.verbose_level.maradns.

dig @127.0.0.1 0.verbose_level.maradns TXT

Anyway, I hope to be able to reproduce this bug.  Keep in mind, I
don't have internet at home and that I don't keep computers running
MaraDNS nonstop for days, so I can't see these kinds of issues.

It could be a lot of things, and mat not even be MaraDNS' fault.
However, people are free to send me verbose log messages to help me
get to the bottom of it.