Still having issues -- is this an issue with Apache or mardns?

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Mon Aug 4 14:57:08 EDT 2008

Op 4 aug 2008, om 20:25 heeft Greg Platt - Platt Consultants het
volgende geschreven:

> Okay, the domain name server appears to be working now. At least
> when I
> point to a domain that has only ever been defined on our new server,
> the
> domain name does resolve to my new server and it forwards the user's
> request
> to Apache on the new server. Similarly, when I request a domain whose
> registrar record has been repointed to this server, the domain also
> resolves
> to the new server and the request gets handed to Apache on the new
> server.
>
> However, once the request is handed to the new server, Apache ALWAYS
> delivers the home page for the default domain on the server no
> matter what
> domain was actually requested. Even though I have the new domains
> defined to
> Apache and enabled there, Apache doesn't deliver the user to the home
> directory (and thus the index.html file) for that domain. Instead, it
> delivers them to whatever is the default domain on the server at the
> moment.
>
> My conclusion is that the issue appears to be caused by Apache on
> the server
> and is not being caused by maradns. Is that the same conclusion you
> come to?

Yup... looks like DNS points to the right server for both domains.
Apache should make the distinction based on the URL being requested.
You may have to read up on virtual hosting directives and/or see how
to add and enable sites on your Debian box. Google should be your
friend here :)  Also don't forget to restart apache when you changed
its configuration.

Cheers,

Remco