How do I STOP maradns from autostarting?

Greg Platt - Platt Consultants GregPlatt at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 4 23:32:12 EDT 2008

While testing, maradns inserted itself into my autostart process. I don't
WANT it autostarting! I'm still trying to TEST the darn thing!

If I shut it down using kill -TERM processID, it leaves port 53 locked. That
means I can't start it manually to continue my tests!

1. How do I STOP the darned thing from autostarting when the server starts?

2. What do I do later to convince it to start automatically again later?

3. What could the sample autostart process have possibly done that now
PREVENTS me from replacing the /etc/maradns/mararc "unabridged" file

with the one I was testing with earlier in the day? When I replace the
/etc/maradns/mararc with my test version, mara fails to start now even in

the autostart mode.

What a nightmare this process is.