Maradns xp configuration problems

. . thebesthorizon at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 01:08:00 EDT 2008

Hello maradns users:

I am new to web site / mail server hosting.  This is my first attempt to setup an
authoritative DNS server.  I am having a
problem configuring something it seems, please let me know if maradns cannot
run as an authoritative dns on XP OS – any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Details:

Windows XP OS

Unchanging IP (though not officially in the Static range)

Apache running on port 44

Port 53 open in firewall (in/outbound/all the world)

Maradns ok’d as exception in firewall (in/out bound/all the
world)

Firewalls/Routers redirecting port 53 to proper internal ip

Connectivity verified

AskMara Awww.google.com. (working dns server) – seemed to
work

Now my problem:

Assuming maradns does work on win xp as an authoritative dns…….  I askmara to generate a nameserver for my
domain.  I use the internal ip of the
computer maradns is running on as the dns server in the command line:

>askmara Ndomain.com in.ter.nal.ip

 I get the error:

#Remote server said: REFUSED

Screenshots of the command line results for askmara and from
running maradns.bat, as well as copies of my mararc and db files are all viewable
at

http://dns.jmarxonline.com

Thank you for your help-david