Still Looking for Help: Why doesn't Maradns start at boot time?

Ken Lyons - Graphix Wizard/Data-Forms KenL at GraphixWizard.com
Mon Aug 25 08:51:13 EDT 2008

If it helps anyone, this is how we start Mara. (Identical data on
several servers around the world, updated 15/min)

We use many DNS servers that need to have identical information,
so we use the   inittab   to  respawn  a  perl script that  runs mara.
A cron tab kills that script every 15 minutes so that it respawns with
any new or changed data.
The script itself just downloads  all the config files, builds a new
mara.rc  file, then runs runs mara (not deamon/background).

Should mara ever die for some unexplained reason, it would just cycle
and restart like a normal update.
So for us, as long as the data is valid and correct, mara will keep
running no matter what.

Ken Lyons
/ e/Solutions / IT Services
*GraphixWizard/Data-Forms*