SOLVED! Why doesn't Maradns start at boot time?

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:56:32 EDT 2008

> For the record, Sam, Debian does have a README.Debian but it is completely
> silent on this topic...

The problem, and I've seen this before (heck, I've had this problem
with MaraDNS), is that you can't debug documentation like you can
debug code.  So, things missing in the documentation can be missed
until someone points out "Hey, this is missing in the documentation!"
and then we can fix the documentation.

Kai: Thanks for popping in.  What's the procedure Greg can do to
submit a MaraDNS Debian bug report so you guys can look at the bug?

Basically, Debian has its own bug reporting system, and Debian users
should use that system.  The thinking is this: Since Debian does make
random changes to programs, bugs should be filed at Debian.  If Debian
determines upstream is responsible for the bug, they forward the bug
on to me, or, as the case may be, I look over the Debian bug database
for MaraDNS bugs.

Also, the Debian bug database is the only way to report bugs for open
source projects where the original author has long since abandoned the
project (such as FVWM1, the window manager I still use today).

- Sam

Note: If you send me a MaraDNS-related support question, I reserve the
right to post your support email to the Mara-DNS mailing list so that
the community at large can examine your issue. MaraDNS security
vulnerability reports, however, will be kept confidential.