MaraDNS with two adresses

lars behrens lars at hfk-bremen.de
Wed Jul 23 06:36:43 EDT 2008

Hi, there,

we have a network with our own nameserver(s); to serves the different
ranges with different host-IPs, we have two nameservers running:
MaraDNDS for the external requests  and Bind on another machine for
the internal requests.

that is, because the servers have internal ip-addresses but these are
masked (natted) to the outside via our firewall. requests from
outsise (public network) for server.foo.bar are handled by MaraDNS,
she points to the external IP 1.2.3.4, requests for server.foo.bar
from the inside (our LAN) are handled by Bind and are directed to
192.168.0.x

is ist possible to serve the two ranges/ kinds of requests with
maradns on only one server?

e.g. when a request comes from the internal to server.foo.bar it gets
the answer "192.160.0.x", but requests from the outer network gets
the answer "1.2.3.4"?

thanx a lot in advance!

greetings

lars