MaraDNS as secondary

Ken Lyons - Graphix Wizard/Data-Forms KenL at GraphixWizard.com
Thu Jun 12 15:53:15 EDT 2008

>>I've been working on a PHP based zone distribution and management framework
>>for MaraDNS, but a few features are holding me back.
>>
>>It would be awesome to get a few of these added:
>> - An "include" operator in the mararc config parser so that machine
>>specific and zone configs can be separated out
>> - A command line option to syntax check a config or zone file (Similar to
>>'apachectl configtest')
>> - Ability to reload the config (or at least the csv2 hash) without
>>restarting MaraDNS

Those feature would be nice. I think most of us, that use Mara, already made a work around.
For me I made a wrapper script that is run from  /etc/inittab  and
a control script   /etc/init.d/maradns
The wrapper simply  builds a new config from several flat files  (ie. cat xxx > /etc/mara.rc),
the control script just kills off the PID to force a respawn and update.
I've been using Mara on a dozen production servers for 2 years, and so far, it's worked great.

Ken Lyons
//