DNSstuff reports open DNS

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Sat Jun 21 10:51:24 EDT 2008

Op 21 jun 2008, om 16:28 heeft Lloyd Thomas het volgende geschreven:

> Already done that, but thanks.
> random_seed_file = "C:\maradns\seed\random.seed" fixed the problem
> stopping
> maradns from running but it still reports as an opendns server and
> is trying
> to resolve other domains.

Assuming that the below is the IP address your mara is listening on, I
do not see the problem you're seeing and get no recursive answer:

Macintosh:~ remmy$ dig TXT webconquest.com @85.234.142.68

; <<>> DiG 9.4.1-P1 <<>> TXT webconquest.com @85.234.142.68
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 13, ADDITIONAL: 14
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

...so, I'm out of ideas really why dnsstuff believes otherwise.

Kind regards,

Remco