wildcard for the domain only without wildcarding all missing records.

Dantzig, Brian bdantzig at medline.com
Thu Jun 26 09:49:10 EDT 2008

Maybee my question was unclear.

I have
www.%  A 216.143.4.37    # Matches http://www.medline.com"
*.%    A 216.143.4.37    # Matches http://medline.com but also,
                         #  matches http://xyz.medline.com where xyz is
any host for which I do not have a record.

I want to get http://medline.com to work and still return non existant
when querying for hosts without records.

How about:

www.% A 216.143.4.37

And, oh, MaraDNS docs:

http://maradns.org/notes.html

If anything in the documentation isn't clear, please let me know.  One
thing that really annoys is documentation that sucks, so if my
documentation sucks, let me know (ON THE LIST) so I can fix it.

- Sam

Note: If you send me a MaraDNS-related support question, I reserve the
right to post your support email to the Mara-DNS mailing list so that
the community at large can examine your issue. MaraDNS security
vulnerability reports, however, will be kept confidential.