Compiling under MinGW

Mohammed Ahmed chimak_quarg at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 22:13:41 EDT 2008

First of all, thanks to Sam for writing a great program and all the hard
work he puts in.

I've noticed that the snapshots are only available in the form of source
packages and there aren't any binaries for Windows users to download and
test. I've compiled MPlayer under MinGW on previous occasions by
following a step-by-step guide and I was wondering if anyone is
interested in writing a similar guide for MaraDNS. The MPlayer guide was
fairly popular judging by some of the posts on the MPlayer-Cygwin list.
I'm sure many Windows users would like to try the snapshots yet have
little idea how to compile from source - I myself have unsuccessfully
tried more than once. MinGW/MSYS isn't that difficult to install and
anyone familiar with using the command line under Windows ought to be
able to figure things out. More feedback could be reported at an earlier
stage too.

Mo