Problem with .fr domains [TEST check if server is really recursive]: answer refused from server (IN/SOA: fr.)

Markus Ferlitsch m.ferlitsch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 12:35:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

so I tried the new version from 02.08.2009.

I compiled it with ./configure; make

here is my mararc:

bind_address="ip of ns3"
chroot_dir = "/etc/maradns"
default_rrany_set = 3
csv2 = {}
csv2["mydomain.com."] = "db.mydomain.com"
tcp_convert_acl = "0.0.0.0/0"
tcp_convert_server = "ip of ns3"
verbose_level = 3

But the error from zonecheck still exists:

[TEST check if server is really recursive]: answer refused from server
(IN/SOA: net.)

    * ns2.mydomain.com./ip ns2
    * ns3.mydomain.com./ip ns3
    * ns1.mydomain.com./ip ns1

If I try a NsLookup (http://network-tools.com/nslook/Default.asp) I
only get answers for domains my dns server manage. If I try to ask
data for google.com I get a Query refused, which signs that RA is
really disabled!

Do you have any other idea?

What else did  Alexandre change? Is this your latest mararc?
http://su2.difuzer.com/alex/mararc.txt