Problem with .fr domains [TEST check if server is really recursive]: answer refused from server (IN/SOA: fr.)

Alexandre Lepage a.lepage at difuzer.com
Sun Aug 2 12:58:10 EDT 2009

Tests performed by ZoneCheck sucks a lot, so the error may be coming from
another one. Do you have other errors/warnings ? Show us your mararc file
and the zone concerned.

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:35:55 +0200, Markus Ferlitsch <m.ferlitsch at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so I tried the new version from 02.08.2009.
>
> I compiled it with ./configure; make
>
> here is my mararc:
>
> bind_address="ip of ns3"
> chroot_dir = "/etc/maradns"
> default_rrany_set = 3
> csv2 = {}
> csv2["mydomain.com."] = "db.mydomain.com"
> tcp_convert_acl = "0.0.0.0/0"
> tcp_convert_server = "ip of ns3"
> verbose_level = 3
>
> But the error from zonecheck still exists:
>
> [TEST check if server is really recursive]: answer refused from server
> (IN/SOA: net.)
>
>     * ns2.mydomain.com./ip ns2
>     * ns3.mydomain.com./ip ns3
>     * ns1.mydomain.com./ip ns1
>
> If I try a NsLookup (http://network-tools.com/nslook/Default.asp) I
> only get answers for domains my dns server manage. If I try to ask
> data for google.com I get a Query refused, which signs that RA is
> really disabled!
>
> Do you have any other idea?
>
> What else did  Alexandre change? Is this your latest mararc?
> http://su2.difuzer.com/alex/mararc.txt
>

> 2009/8/2, Sam Trenholme <strenholme.usenet at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> ok, I recompiled the last patched version
>>> (maradns-Q.20090801.1.tar.bz2) and I disabled RA
>>> (#recursive_acl="0.0.0.0/0") but the error still exists ([TEST check

http://www.maradns.org/download/1.3/snap/200908/maradns-Q.20090802.1.tar.bz2

>> Expand the tarball ("tar -xjf maradns-Q.20090802.1.tar.bz2"), enter the
>> maradns-Q-20090802.1 directory, then type in "./configure ; make".  Take
>> the
>> resulting "maradns" binary located at
maradns-Q-20090802.1/server/maradns
>> and replace the copy of MaraDNS on your server with this new binary.
>>
>> Next, make sure recursion is disabled ("recursive_acl" is not set in
your
>> mararc file), and run this version of MaraDNS.  At this point, you
should
>> be
>> able to register your domain with AFNIC without any issues stopping the
>> registration.
>>
>> Now that I've helped you, I would like to get some help.
>>
>> I would like help with making a FAQ entry for people who will have this
>> AFNIC issue in the future before I release MaraDNS 1.3.14 later on this
>> week.  Is there anything besides the "you have recursion enabled but we
>> can't recurse with your DNS server" issue that stops people using
MaraDNS

--
Cordialement,
Alexandre Lepage