MaraDNS & NX Domains

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:29:45 EST 2009

> Please just use an HTTP proxy server, you also get a stack of other
> advantages from doing so too.

True.  However, XeroBank has very kindly offered to sponsor adding
this feature to MaraDNS, so I should start work on it today.  This
helps for the cases of people who can't handle WPAD files for whatever
reason.

> Try to avoid using a transparent proxy (it only breaks things and is not
> scalable at all) but instead use WPAD files dished out via DNS and DHCP.

Seconded.  One of the ISPs here in Mexico uses a Squid transparent
proxy and it causes headaches and slows the internet to a crawl at
times.