maradns problem

Markus Ferlitsch m.ferlitsch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:35:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am using maradns as nameserver on my wrt54gl. I set up a zone file.
When I start maradns and make a query via any Tool
(http://network-tools.com/nslook) sometimes I get all data which I
have defined in the zonefile. But sometimes it happens that one or two
NS entries will be forgotten to be transmitted.

here my zonefile:

domain.com.         +3600   SOA     ns1.nameserver.com.
postmaster at nameserver.com.     2009030601      10800   3600    604800
10800
domain.com.         +3600   NS      ns1.nameserver.com.
domain.com.         +3600   NS      ns2.nameserver.com.
domain.com.         +3600   NS      ns3.nameserver.com.
domain.com.         +3600   MX      10 mail.nameserver.com.
domain.com.         +3600   MX      20 mail2.nameserver.com.
domain.com.         TXT     'dns.'

domain.com.         +3600   A       IP
www.domain.com.     +3600   A       IP
xx.domain.com.      +3600   A
*.domain.com.       +3600   A       IP

If I run a dns-testtool to my domain sometime it happens that I ge t
this failure: NS and ANY request disagree (because the entries from
the ANY request are different than the entries from the NS request).

But why maradns sometimes forgets to send all the data???

Regards, Markus.