About IXFR zone transfer

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jul 30 10:52:04 EDT 2009

Hi, I've my own server with an authoritative DNS server managing some
domains. Also, my hosting provider offers its DNS server as slave DNS
server.

For now I use mydns-ng. It worked fine and the AXFR transfer worked
properly. But my hosting provider started using also IXFR (incremental
zone transfer) and after it the transference fails. I upgraded to 1.1
version which implements IXFR but it also fails (so I have out of date
SOA and entries in the secondary DNS server).

Does MaraDNS implement IXFR zone transfer? My provider (OVH) suggests
to use Bind so I assume they have tested IXFR with Bind.

PS: Please let me do other short questions in the same mail:

- Does MaraDNS support SRV and NAPTR reigsters?
- Can MaraDNS server run on a port diffferent than 53 (for testing purposes).
- Is there any web interface to manage MaraDNS? I think there is not,
but asking is free :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>