About IXFR zone transfer

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:19:30 EDT 2009

RTFM.  But, since you didn't, I'll help you.

Does MaraDNS implement IXFR zone transfer?

http://www.maradns.org/tutorial/man.zoneserver.html

IXFR requests are incremental zone transfers, meaning that the DNS server
should only display records changed since the last IXFR request. *zoneserver
*, however, treats an IXFR as if it were an AXFR request, outputting all of
the records for the zone in question.

- Does MaraDNS support SRV and NAPTR reigsters?

http://www.maradns.org/tutorial/man.csv2.html

An SRV record stores a "service" definition. This record has four fields:
Priority, weight, port, and target. For more information, please refer to
RFC 2782. Example:

_http._tcp.% SRV 0 0 80 a.% ~

NAPTR records have untested support in the testing release MaraDNS 1.3.13,
and are supported via the RAW record in 1.3.07.09:

The RAW record is a special meta-record that allows any otherwise
unsupported record type to be stored in a csv2 zone file.

- Can MaraDNS server run on a port diffferent than 53 (for testing
> purposes).

http://www.maradns.org/tutorial/man.mararc.html:

dns_port

This is the port that MaraDNS listens on. This is usually 53 (the default
value), but certain unusual MaraDNS setups (such as when resolving dangling
CNAME records on but a single IP) may need to have a different value for
this.

> - Is there any web interface to manage MaraDNS? I think there is not, but
> asking is free :)

No.

Asking may be free, but answers are only free on the MaraDNS mailing list.
You will more quickly get other answers by RTFM.  Please start here:

http://www.maradns.org/tutorial/tutorial.html

- Sam

*Note:* I do not answer MaraDNS support requests sent by private email
without being compensated for my time. I will discuss rates if you want this
kind of support. Thank you for your understanding.