maraDNS and Solaris 9

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:39:43 EDT 2009

> JsStr.h:129: error: syntax error before "u_int32_t"

First of all, the only platforms I fully support is CentOS 5 (MaraDNS
1.0 was fine on Solaris; MaraDNS 1.2 may or may not compile there, and
good luck with MaraDNS 1.3).  I also have partial support for
Microsoft Windows.

Other platforms: Unless you're willing to help sponsor MaraDNS, you're
on your own (we can discuss rates in private mail if you want to go
this route).  If fixing this issue is important enough for you, you
either pay me or take the source, make the appropriate changes and, if
you're feeling extra nice, submit a patch to the list.  And, if I'm
feeling extra nice, I might even make the patch part of MaraDNS.

Or maybe someone else on the list can help you.

My first impression: You might not have the older BSD u_int32_t types.
 The solution might be to use <stdint.h> and change u_int32_t to
uint32_t.

- Sam

Note: I do not answer MaraDNS support requests sent by private email
without being compensated for my time. I will discuss rates if you
want this kind of support. Thank you for your understanding.

MaraDNS security vulnerability reports, however, will be dealt with
without charge and kept confidential.