maraDNS and Solaris 9

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 02:41:55 EDT 2009

>> JsStr.h:129: error: syntax error before "u_int32_t"
> My first impression: You might not have the older BSD u_int32_t types.
>  The solution might be to use <stdint.h> and change u_int32_t to
> uint32_t.

OK, talking to myself, but this was an issue back when MaraDNS
supported Solaris.  To wit:

/* Solaris needs u_int32_t and u_int16_t defined */
#ifdef SOLARIS
#ifndef _uint_defined
typedef unsigned int u_int32_t;
typedef unsigned short u_int16_t;
#define _uint_defined
#endif /* _uint_defined */
#endif /* SOLARIS */

But I think this would look better something like this:

/* Solaris needs u_int32_t and u_int16_t defined */
#ifdef SOLARIS
#ifndef _uint_defined
#include <stdint.h>
typedef uint32_t u_int32_t;
typedef uint16_t u_int16_t;
#define _uint_defined
#endif /* _uint_defined */
#endif /* SOLARIS */

- Sam

Note: I do not answer MaraDNS support requests sent by private email
without being compensated for my time. I will discuss rates if you
want this kind of support. Thank you for your understanding.

MaraDNS security vulnerability reports, however, will be dealt with
without charge and kept confidential.