Mara does not resolve ncs.gov

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:56:53 EST 2009

> It's actually a key part of each Debian release manager's job to make
> sure that the stable -> stable migration _does_ work smoothly.  The
> release of that new "stable" branch isn't supposed to occur until that
> has been verified to be the case, among other requirements.

Do they even make sure there are conversion scripts that convert all
relevant configuration files from one version of a given daemon to the
next version?  For example, the BIND 4 -> BIND 8 config file
conversion was non-trivial; in addition, I think Apache made some
pretty significant changes from Apache 1 -> Apache 2.  If Debian even
automagically converts configuration files, that's *really* slick.

- Sam (Yes, working on Deadwood; I did find an error in the code but
the problem I saw earlier today was in my test, not in Deadwood.  I'll
release a new Deadwood snapshot tomorrow, as I have been doing almost
every day these last couple of weeks)