problem zone transfer

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:42:02 EDT 2009

> If we do go this route, it may be the January route - this issue just not
> that pressing at present.  But that may change.

You will have to let me know by early November; I need time for the
Windows 2003 server CD and key to arrive after I order it.

One less expensive solution is to write a program that will read a
zone file from MaraDNS and make the zone a BIND-compatible zone file,
and then use some scripts to automatically move the zones from one
machine to another once a day.  I'm willing to do this for $250,
including the Windows service that moves the zones from one machine to
another.  I assume Microsoft DNS can, for the most part, read BIND
zone files.

Or you can use a Windows version of BIND load the zone files and serve
your zones; if this program has problems, I'm willing to fix the bugs
free of charge (since MaraDNS really needs to work with BIND, and
since it doesn't cost me anything to run BIND).

As an aside, I am looking to come back to the United States and work
in the tech industry up there again.  If you're interested in hiring
me, a version of my resume is here:

http://www.samiam.org/resume/

I would be especially interested in working in California or Georgia.

- Sam

Note: I do not answer MaraDNS support requests sent by private email
without being compensated for my time. I will discuss rates if you
want this kind of support. Thank you for your understanding.