Delivery of non-cached replies

Jakob Blomer jakob.blomer at cern.ch
Wed Oct 21 17:35:34 EDT 2009

Thanks a lot for the help!

Regarding my usage plans with MaraDNS/Deadwood: We develop the CernVM as
an appliance to simplify software delivery and development of the
experiment analysis software (http://cernvm.cern.ch).  My intention with
the caching DNS is to make name resolution fast and reliable inside the
virtual machine and, for computing sites having a number of CernVMs
running, reduce load for the central DNS servers.

I'm currently packaging everything up and I will upload it then as
Conary package to rBuilder (CernVM is based on rPath Linux that comes
with Conary packet manager).  We regulary release development versions
of CernVM to test if all the changes work for the users.  Based on that,
every 6 months or so we do then a stable release.  I'll let you know as
soon as Deadwood is available package in CernVM.

Cheers,
Jakob