flushing dns cache

wayne at tiscali wayne.kroncke at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 06:45:28 EDT 2009

thanks, i was looking for a command line argument for deadwood's
executeable if there was one, as i'm not programming/compiling myself...

am using windows (7 x86 at the moment) as my OS. i've tried the
following batch file, seems to work:

@echo off
      net stop deadwood
      net stop deadwoodtcp
      sleep 5
      del "c:\program files\deadwood\dw_cache_bin"
      net start deadwood
      net start deadwoodtcp
      sleep 5
  exit

the sleep.exe  (from the server 2003 resource kit) command delays the
batch file long enough for me to see what it is doing ;)

i've set up a similar start.bat and a stop.bat as well as a restart.bat
to handle some of the functions...

i have of course turned off win's dns client service so the more
standard "ipconfig /flushdns" does not work ;)

*/Best Regards,/*
Wayne Kroncke