flushing dns cache

wayne at tiscali wayne.kroncke at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 14:08:00 EDT 2009

yes, topic veer in progress:
=======================
xp is good, they will have a hard time converting businesses to win7 &
it's server flavour, but they have a good shot at it. beats vista hands
down. XP has the advantage in that it works and does what businesses
want. mostly.

been reluctant to try linux flavours. i started my UK career in at&t/sco
unix and zenix back in the late 80's, and had some exposure to
x-windows, but microsoft cornered the market so i got out of the habit.
last place i worked was a hosting centre where most of the servers were
microsoft and a few linux, but the supervisory security and access was
handled thru sun unix systems. i had full admin security rights over the
active directory domains, but only limited admin in the sun domains, the
sysops guarded rights there and to get them improved so we could set up
servers and backups and run the supervisory systems at night shift when
they were not around was like pulling teeth. anyhow. i may investigate
centos, especially if it does x64, i'm experimenting on a dual core pc...

edited: i see they do an x86_x64 version in 5.4, will d/l their live cd
& have a look...

we now return you to your regularly scheduled program:
end of topic veer zone

*/Best Regards,/*
Wayne Kroncke