MaraDNS 1.4.04 released

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 13:22:09 EDT 2010

> Avira Lab Response - Tracking number 573252

> The file 'Deadwood.exe' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. Dies
> bedeutet, dass diese Datei nicht gefährlich und eine Fehlmeldung
> unsererseits ist. Detection will be removed from our virus definition
> file (VDF) with one of the next updates.

One thing to keep in mind is that while you find bugs, Sebastian, I’m
going to update Deadwood to fix said bugs.  So, Avira might whitelist
Deadwood 2.9.02, but that doesn’t help us when I release Deadwood
2.9.03 in a few days.

What I can do to keep Deadwood white-listed for a while is to only
update the Windows port of Deadwood but not MaraDNS’ Windows port
(which comes with Deadwood 2.9.02 pre-compiled) until we decide
Deadwood is pretty much bug-free and release Deadwood 3.0.01.

Speaking of Deadwood, I have just made a snapshot of Deadwood with a
patch to #ifdef out various routines that I use while debugging
Deadwood, but that the end-user program doesn’t use.  I’ve reduced the
size of the Linux binary by nearly a kilobyte and the Windows binary
by 512 bytes doing this.

It can be looked at here:

http://maradns.org/deadwood/snap/deadwood-H-20100804-1.tar.bz2