documentation modification

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Dec 22 06:22:53 EST 2010

At 02:47 22/12/2010, Sam Trenholme wrote:
> > when Sam joined his new job he asked not to be sponsored anymore
> > and told he could not develop for maradns anymore.
>
>There seems to be some confusion about my current employment status
>and how it affects MaraDNS.
>
>Please do not create rumors that MaraDNS is somehow abandoned or dead.

If some of my words could have lead to think this, I apologize and I
would be happy to use what ever text you would advise to present the
use of MaraDNS in the alfaDNS fork.

The term of "fork" was used by you. I just follow. I think you were
correct. This is because MaraDNS and alfaDNS have not the same
architectural understanding of the DNS.

* MaraDNS/Deadwood are regular current DNS (let call it "inside" DNS)
* while the target of alfaDNS is an "outside" DNS interface,
encapsulating MaraDNS, and probably adding new features to that core
: classes, groups, IDv6, etc. features xe need and that belong to
applied Internet research.

If I am incorrectly reading you, we need to clarify. A possibility is
to remove your name everywhere, but in the license; instead of
provinding links to your site everywhere.

Another problem is to keep the documentation synchronized since you
have a master and your own program to multi-format it. Enventually we
will have this documentation reviewed in taking care of the
additions/changes we may introduce.

Best

jfc