documentation modification

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 10:19:10 EST 2010

> If some of my words could have lead to think this, I apologize and I would
> be happy to use what ever text you would advise to present the use of
> MaraDNS in the alfaDNS fork.

MaraDNS uses a 2-clause BSD license.  This means you can do pretty
much anything you want to with the code, as long as this notice is
included somewhere:

Copyright (c) 2002-2010 Sam Trenholme and others

TERMS

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
met:

   1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
   2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer
in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
distribution.

This software is provided 'as is' with no guarantees of correctness or
fitness for purpose.

> The term of "fork" was used by you. I just follow. I think you were correct.
> This is because MaraDNS and alfaDNS have not the same architectural
> understanding of the DNS.

I am, as a courtesy, willing to provide a link to (and even a copy of)
"alfaDNS" on this page:

http://www.maradns.org/dns_software.html

Note that I will provide my own assessment of the state of the
software on this page; I've seen a lot of DNS projects with big plans
which never happen over the years.

Indeed, I have some other DNS servers which otherwise wouldn't have
homes on the maradns.org webpage:

http://www.maradns.org/download/non-maradns/sdns.tar.bz2

http://www.maradns.org/download/non-maradns/oak-1.2.tar.gz

http://www.maradns.org/download/non-maradns/oak-1.4.tar.gz

(Note to self: digitallumber.com is now owned by a squatter)

http://www.maradns.org/moodns-20021011.tar.bz2