compilation bug fix for bsds

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:35:30 EST 2010

Sounds good.  If I ever get time, I know that the Duende code has
special FreeBSD-only code to log its messages with FreeBSD's default
syslog.conf; maybe I could do the same here.  As an aside, which
particular BSD are you using?  FreeBSD?  OpenBSD?  DragonflyBSD?
NetBSD? (Whatever happened to NetBSD being the most portable
open-source *NIX clone out there?)

I won't be able to do this until next week.

- Sam