compilation bug fix for bsds

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 30 16:10:54 EST 2010

Quoting Sam Trenholme (strenholme.usenet at gmail.com):

> The best list of DNS servers out there is here:
> http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Network_Other/dns-servers.html
>
> This discusses all of the known patched versions of DjbDNS and pretty
> much any other open-source DNS server.

(The referenced page is mine.)

Much credit should go to Sam personally for helping provide information
that I've used in that page (and also to a number of other people).  I'm
just a system administrator with a longtime interest in DNS
implementations, so I do my best to keep up with the experts.

An entry about CurveDNS (forwarder) will soon be added.

My page doesn't cover nameservers with no Unix implementations, and I
should probably make that fact clearer.