compilation bug fix for bsds

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 30 17:17:22 EST 2010

Quoting Sam Trenholme (strenholme.usenet at gmail.com):

> I can't think of an open-source DNS server without a UNIX implementation.

As one example, the licence statement for GbDNS states:

   The GbDns software is entirely written by myself, George Barwood, and
   is hereby placed in the the public domain. It is free of all
   restrictions, you may do whatever you wish with it.

Without getting into the potential legal issues created by purporting to
eradicate the ability of anyone to own a particular property (which is
what 'placing in the public domain' claims), otherwise that's close
enough to open source for most purposes.

Code as written is specific to Microsoft .NET Version 2 or higher.

I believe I've come across a few other Windows-specific open source
nameservers over the years, but haven't kept track of them.

(I'll also mention that my page also documents briefly all known
_proprietary_ nameservers for Unix, in a section further down the page.)