RFC2317-style reverse zone mapping (repost)

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 13:22:11 EST 2010

> To be constructive, I found a workaround by modifying
> csv2_is_alphanum() in Csv2_parse.c to allow slash:
>
> /* Match on [0-9a-zA-Z\-\_] */
> int csv2_is_alphanum(int32 in) {
>        return (csv2_is_alpha(in) || csv2_is_number(in) ||
>                        in == '-' || in == '_' || in == '/');
> }

I wouldn't call a '/' character an "alphanumeric" character, so I
think it is better to create another funcion called
csv2_is_alphanum_or_slash()

Also, please test this change yourself and then post your patch to the
mailing list as per the guidelines on posting patches to the mailing
list [1]:

http://maradns.org/faq.html#patch

- Sam

[1] For those of you still using UUCP [2], here is the text of that FAQ entry:

15. Is there any process I need to follow to add a patch to MaraDNS?

Yes.

Here is the procedure for making a proper patch:

    * Enter the directory that the file is in, for example maradns-1.4.01/server

    * Copy over the file that you wish to modify to another file name.
For example: cp MaraDNS.c MaraDNS.c.orig

    * Edit the file in question, e.g: vi MaraDNS.c

    * After editing, do something like this:

      diff -u MaraDNS.c.orig MaraDNS.c > maradns.patch

    * Make sure the modified version compiles cleanly

Send a patch to the MaraDNS mailing list, along with a statement that
you place the contents of the patch under MaraDNS' BSD license. If I
find that the patch works well, I will integrate it in to MaraDNS.

[2] http://maradns.blogspot.com/2010/05/ok-theres-still-few-people-using-uucp.html