AAAA-records...

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:49:38 EST 2010

> Hello, im trying to set up an aaaa-record but ive had no success no matter
> what i do.

Use csv2 zone files, not csv1 zone files.

csv1 zone files are deprecated and are only supported to ease
transition for people who used to use MaraDNS 1.0.  MaraDNS includes a
Perl script to convert csv1 zone files in to csv2 zone files and has
supported csv2 zone files since MaraDNS 1.2, released over four years
ago.

csv2 zone files support AAAA records, as well as SRV records and all
sorts of obscure record types (LOC, NAPTR, etc.).

- Sam

Note: I do not answer MaraDNS support requests sent by private email
without being compensated for my time. A MaraDNS support request is
any and all discussion you may wish to have about MaraDNS in private
email; if you want to email me to talk about MaraDNS then, yes, that
is a support request. I will discuss rates if you want this kind of
support. Thank you for your understanding.

MaraDNS security vulnerability reports, however, will be dealt with
without charge and kept confidential. If you don't know what Bugtraq
is, then, no, your email is not a security report.