Status argument in /etc/init.d/maradns doesn't exist

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:04:30 EST 2010

> I would use MaraDns with Hearbeat2 but Maradns doesn't had a status
> information in /etc/init.d/maradns, just the args. start|stop|reload

Hmm...so Heartbeat2 is incapable of looking at a process list and
determining if a given process is running?  Looks like it; a glance at
http://people.linbit.com/~florian/heartbeat-users-guide/ doesn’t show
anything to contradict this.

> Could you help me ?

Updating mara.startup to support the “status” command is something I
will not do without being compensated for my time — this is a feature
request, not a bug report.  My fee to add this feature to MaraDNS is
$100.  If you do not wish to pay this fee, feel free to submit a patch
implementing this feature to the MaraDNS mailing list.

- Sam

Note: I do not answer MaraDNS support requests sent by private email
without being compensated for my time. A MaraDNS support request is
any and all discussion you may wish to have about MaraDNS in private
email; if you want to email me to talk about MaraDNS then, yes, that
is a support request. I will discuss rates if you want this kind of
support. Thank you for your understanding.

MaraDNS security vulnerability reports, however, will be dealt with
without charge and kept confidential. If you don't know what Bugtraq
is, then, no, your email is not a security report.