Monthly posting: MaraDNS progress report; I'm still looking for work

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 12:23:21 EDT 2010

I am making a lot of progress with Deadwood.  Deadwood’s recursive
resolver is starting to be able to recursively resolve hostnames on
the internet, but there is a lot of work to be done before I will be
comfortable surfing the web with it and making a release for general
testing.  I would say about 99% of hostnames resolve with Deadwood
right now; it’s the other 1% which I’m still working on.

More importantly, I would like everyone to know that I have returned
to the United States, and am looking for work.  I require a job that
allows me to remotely telecommute from Mexico about a week every month
(yes, there is high-speed internet down there) so I can spend time
with my wife until she has permission to come to the United States—a
process that might take a year or longer.

My resume is available here:

http://samiam.org/resume/

People here know exactly how well I can code; I wrote MaraDNS after all.

If anyone has any potential leads, please contact me via private email.

This is a monthly posting; if I do not find a job in July, I will post
an announcement in early August.