Deadwood 2.9.01 released: Recursion is ready for beta testing

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 20:33:01 EDT 2010

Well, one thing really nice about Deadwood is that it’s a lot easier
to set up things so it compiles in Windows than MaraDNS.  It’s a
simple as:

* Download a program that can decode .7z archives, such as 7-zip
(http://7-zip.org ; free software) or WinRAR.

* Download deadwood-tcc-2.9.01.7z

* Unpack deadwood-tcc-2.9.01.7z using 7-zip or whatever

* Open up a command prompt (this has the name “cmd”) in Windows with
start→run→“cmd” or the similar equivalent in Vista/Windows 7

* Enter the deadwood-tcc-2.9.01 directory

* Type in “tcc-compile.bat”

* A couple of seconds later you will be in the “src” directory with a
freshly compiled Deadwood 2.9.01.

OK, that takes a few steps, but it’s a lot less involved than hunting
down for MinGW and MSYS (they’re at http://samiam.org/software/ for
example, but I don’t broadcast this fact because I’m technically in
violation of the GPL by distributing MinGW 3.1.0-1 without its source
code)

- Sam