New Deadwood snapshot: Working around broken CentOS behavior

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:40:09 EDT 2010

CentOS 5.5 broke select()’s timeout behavior.  This caused one of my
SQA tests, dwood2rc_n_timeout_seconds, to fail in CentOS 5.5.  The
workaround was to disable this test after making sure this test ran
fine in CentOS 5.4.

Since this was caused by CentOS and not by Deadwood, I reported this as a bug:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4465

I quickly got a reply telling me they won’t fix this issue.

That in mind, I have revised this SQA regression test to work, both
with older versions of CentOS with a correct timeout for select(), as
well as with CentOS 5.5 and its broken select().

The Deadwood snapshot with this revision is here:

http://maradns.org/deadwood/snap/deadwood-H-20100729-2.tar.bz2

(also GPG signed, as usual)