trying tor respond to help for NAPTR entries

david sevilla dsevilla00 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 10:44:27 EDT 2010

My responses somehow are getting bounced back, but here I'm trying again:

Thanks Sam, unfortunately it didn't work ( I am using
version maradns-1.4.03).

Below are the errors ( I tried your suggested entries and
some variants), there's some something in the syntax we are missing.

As a reference, here's an example used in bind (fully
functional)

;comment

;             IN
NAPTR order pref. flag service

regexp replacement

Myentry.org ( IN NAPTR 100   999
"a" "myservice1:myservice2:myservice3"

"" myreplacement.com )

ERRORS

FOR ENTRY

example.net. NAPTR 1 2 'foo';'bar';'baz' example.com.
~   which I changed to

-> example.net. NAPTR 1 2 'a';'myservice';'a'
example.com. ~

Error: Invalid character between chunks; this might be
caused by a TXT RR not terminated by a ~ character Error is on line 12 in file
myzone.zone context of error: ';'myservice';'a' e (closing this file)

Error: Problem getting rddata

Error is on line 12 in file
apn.epc.mnc098.mcc312.3gppnetwork.org.zone

context of error: ';'myservice';'a' e (closing this file)

ENTRY

example.net. NAPTR 1 2 'a' 'myservice' 'a' example.com. ~

Error: Invalid character between chunks; this might be
caused by a TXT RR not terminated by a ~ character Error is on line 14 in
myzone.zone context of error: ' 'myservice' 'a' e (closing this file)

Error: Problem getting rddata

Error is on line 14 in file myzone.zone

context of error: ' 'myservice' 'a' e (closing this file)

ENTRY

example.net. NAPTR 1 2 a;myservice; ; example.com. ~

Error: Invalid character between chunks; this might be
caused by a TXT RR not terminated by a ~ character Error is on line 13 in file
myzone.zone context of error:  1 2
a;myservice; ; (closing this file)

Error: Problem getting rddata

Error is on line 13 in file myzone.zone

context of error:
1 2 a;myservice; ; (closing this file)

ENTRY

example.net. NAPTR 1 2 "a"
"myservice" "" example.com. ~

Error: Unexpected character

Error is on line 15 in file myzone.zone

context of error: le.net. NAPTR 1 2 " (closing this
file)

Error: Problem getting rddata

Error is on line 15 in file myzone.zone

context of error: le.net. NAPTR 1 2 " (closing this
file)

ENTRY

example.net. NAPTR 1 2 'a' 'myservice' '' example.com. ~

Error: Unexpected character

Error is on line 15 in file myzone.zone

context of error: le.net. NAPTR 1 2 " (closing this
file)

Error: Problem getting rddata

Error is on line 15 in file myzone.zone

context of error: le.net. NAPTR 1 2 " (closing this
file)

Any advice is appreciated!

-David