Maradns forgets TXT records with asked for ANY ?

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Tue May 18 19:15:56 EDT 2010

> There must be some misunderstanding, I was using maradns as a recursive
> solver, not on my own zone. I tried on my own zones, and it was correctly
> working :)

You know, I have a FAQ about bugs with the recursive resolver:

http://www.maradns.org/faq.html#resolve

For people who can’t click on the above link (maybe there is some poor
soul still using UUCP to access the Internet), I don’t fix bugs with
MaraDNS 1’s recursive resolver unless the bug is critical (In
particular: Alexa 500 site does not resolve), has security
implications, or I am paid to fix the bug.  This is because I’m about
90% done with a from-the-ground-up rewrite of the recursive code; I
*hope* to have something people can test by the end of June.

For people willing to pay me to fix MaraDNS 1 non-critical recursive
bugs, we can discuss rates in private mail.

- Sam

Note: I do not answer MaraDNS (including Deadwood) support requests
sent by private email without being compensated for my time. A MaraDNS
support request is any and all discussion you may wish to have about
MaraDNS in private email; if you want to email me to talk about
MaraDNS then, yes, that is a support request. I will discuss rates if
you want this kind of support. Thank you for your understanding.

MaraDNS security vulnerability reports, however, will be dealt with
without charge and kept confidential. If you don't know what Bugtraq
is, then, no, your email is not a security report. It is not a
security report unless you've done due diligence to determine how the
security bug you think you found can reasonably be exploited.