include or import syntax for mararc?

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Mon May 31 14:18:22 EDT 2010

> Is mararc configuration file support include or import syntax so we
> can split the configuration to multiple files?

MaraDNS does not support importing other files while parsing a mararc
file but Deadwood does.  From Deadwood’s man page:

   It is possible to have Deadwood, while parsing the dwood3rc
   file, read other files and parse them as if they were dwood3rc
   files.

   This is done using execfile. To use execfile, place a line like
   this in the dwood3rc file:

   execfile("path/to/filename")

   Where path/to/filename is the path to the file to be parsed like
   a dwood3rc file.

   All files must be in or under the directory
   /etc/deadwood/execfile. Filenames can only have lower-case
   letters and the underscore character ("_"). Absolute paths are
   not allowed as the argument to execfile; the filename can not
   start with a slash ("/") character.

   If there is a parse error in the file pointed to by execfile,
   Deadwood will report the error as being on the line with the
   execfile command in the main dwood3rc file. To find where a
   parse error is in the sub-file, use something like
   "Deadwood -f /etc/deadwood/execfile/filename" to find the parse
   error in the offending file, where "filename" is the file to to
   parsed via execfile.

- Sam

Note: I do not answer MaraDNS (including Deadwood) support requests
sent by private email without being compensated for my time. A MaraDNS
support request is any and all discussion you may wish to have about
MaraDNS in private email; if you want to email me to talk about
MaraDNS then, yes, that is a support request. I will discuss rates if
you want this kind of support. Thank you for your understanding.

MaraDNS security vulnerability reports, however, will be dealt with
without charge and kept confidential. If you don't know what Bugtraq
is, then, no, your email is not a security report. It is not a
security report unless you've done due diligence to determine how the
security bug you think you found can reasonably be exploited.