Re[4]: How to resolve the DNS zone in Deadwood?

test24 test24 at mail.ru
Wed Nov 3 11:17:24 EDT 2010

Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:25:13 -0600 письмо от Sam Trenholme <strenholme.usenet at gmail.com>:

> Thank you for the detailed information.
>
> > filter_rfc1918 = 1
>
> This (which is enabled by default) tells Deadwood to never resolve
> private 192.168.x.x, 172.16-31.x.x, and 10.x.x.x IP addresses (which
> are described in RFC1918, hence the name).  This is a security
> feature; if we allow a DNS server used on the real-world Internet to
> resolve these kinds of IPs, it opens us up to certain kinds of
> attacks:
>
> http://crypto.stanford.edu/dns/
>
> If you have a need to resolve these kinds of IPs, please have filter_rfc1918 =
> 0

But if I set

recursive_acl = "127.0.0.1/16,"
recursive_acl += "192.168.55.1/24,"		# Local Network
recursive_acl += "192.168.56.1/24,"		# WiFi  Network
recursive_acl += "10.10.1.1/24"		        # Users Network

ONLY to allow connections from Local network and does not allow DNS connections from the Internet to Deadwood what do you think about that ?