controlling responses to ANY queries

Summers, William wsummers at deerfield.edu
Tue Nov 9 11:03:52 EST 2010

Greetings Sam,

First off thank you for Mara. We're seeing a rash of issues with mail servers from Yahoo.com. They unable to send to our domain because of a bug in qmail that sends an ANY query before doing MX lookups. If the ANY query return is larger than 512 bytes, qmail won't send and bounces the message with CNAME lookup error-

CNAME lookup failed temporarily. (#4.4.3)

I understand this is really a poor systems management issue with yahoo. From reading various posts, this a widely known issue, and  a variety of patches have existed  for over a decade.

Since they are unreliable- is it possible to control the ANY query response size in Mara?

thank you again.

Ps. Congrats on the new job!