Round Robin Weight

Ken Lyons - Graphix Wizard/Data-Forms KenL at GraphixWizard.com
Wed Nov 10 14:54:59 EST 2010

Congrats to Sam on the job.

I've been using mara for about 5 or 6 years now, and been using the round robin
method to load balance on a multi-homed network.
One of connections is now much larger than the other and I'd like to set a
higher weight in the DNS replies.  say  2:1
I tried adding extra (identical) records to stack the deck but no change. Short
of adding another IP is their a weight or other option that would work?

#ROUND ROBIN BELOW, one name, two addresses
pop3-server.ABC.org. A  1.1.1.1
pop3-server.ABC.org.  A  2.2.2.2

#Direct name to each IP on the two networks
pop3-server-a.ABC.org. A  1.1.1.1
pop3-server-b.ABC.org.  A  2.2.2.2

Ken Lyons