Performance issues with deadwood

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 21:00:57 EDT 2010

>It may be useful as a rough guide for us windows users.

For the record, I do appreciate people piping up on the list about
Deadwood’s issues.  As it turns out, the main platform I test and use
Deadwood on is Windows, so anything that affects how it runs in
Windows is something I’ll notice right away.

Indeed, the fact that the slowdown issues affects how things run in
Windows means I can more easily test tuning things to try and reduce
the slowdown.

Again, the fact is that I’ve been concentrating a lot more on getting
everything out there to resolve because the big issue with MaraDNS 1's
resolver which was never fully solved was hosts not resolving.  I call
Deadwood a success because people aren’t seeing Deadwood crash, people
aren’t finding memory leaks, and people aren’t finding hosts Deadwood
can’t resolve.

- Sam

Note: I do not answer MaraDNS (including Deadwood) support requests
sent by private email without being compensated for my time. A MaraDNS
support request is any and all discussion you may wish to have about
MaraDNS in private email; if you want to email me to talk about
MaraDNS then, yes, that is a support request. I will discuss rates if
you want this kind of support. Thank you for your understanding.

MaraDNS security vulnerability reports, however, will be dealt with
without charge and kept confidential. If you don't know what Bugtraq
is, then, no, your email is not a security report. It is not a
security report unless you've done due diligence to determine how the
security bug you think you found can reasonably be exploited.