Deadwood 2.9.07 released: Better performance and security

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 04:16:09 EDT 2010

I have released Deadwood 2.9.07 today, which has (on my system)
slightly better performance than Unbound—I have fixed the performance
problems recently discussed on the mailing list.

In addition, I have improved the security a little by revising how
Deadwood gets some entropy for its “hash compression function”; this
better protects Deadwood against some obscure denial of service
attacks.

Deadwood 2.9.07 can be downloaded as source code and as a Windows binary here:

http://maradns.org/deadwood/testing/

I encourage people to download this release and report bugs here on
the mailing list.

- Sam

Note: Sorry, I don’t accept bug reports or answer MaraDNS support
concerns via private email.

Note also: Yes, I’m looking for work.  http://samiam.org/resume/