Deadwood at OpenWRT

Sebastian Müller spamcatch-maradns.org at messageme.de
Tue Sep 14 04:37:53 EDT 2010

Am 13.09.2010 04:44, schrieb Sam Trenholme:
>> I revived my WRT54GS, after that I noticed that it's using MIPSEL
>> instead of MIPS. I am currently building a buildroot for the following
>> Arch CPUs. It will take a little time, to build the crosscompilers,
>> since it runs on an old AMD64 3200+ with 1,5gb Ram.
>>
>> Arch            Board
>> ====================================
>> ARM             kirkwood, orion
>> ARMEB           ixp4xx
>> AVR32           avr32
>> MIPS            ar71xx, atheros, brcm63xx, ifxmips, octeon
>> MIPSEL          ar7, brcm-2.4, brcm47xx, cobalt, rb532, xburst
>> POWERPC         ppc40x, ppc44x
>
> I would be interested in being a mirror site hosting these files.
> While I can’t support Deadwood on OpenWRT, I’m perfectly happy
> mirroring Deadwood OpenWRT ports.
>
> - Sam

Do that as you like, the server I am hosting the files got a
free-traffic limit of 100gbyte/month.

I will update the binaries to stay on the newest version, but I won't
compile new binaries from the Hotfixes as long as it's not a problem on
a certain arch listed above.

I talked yesterday to the devs of OpenWRT, they suggested me to remove
-mtune= from the CFLAGS, since there are too many different CPU
revisions/command-sets. Due to that, the binary is 6kbyte bigger than
tuned to a single MIPS CPU revision.

Additionally I am currently unable to build AVR32 and ARMEB due to
buildroot compile errors.

I repeated the test I ran on the TL-WR1034ND on the old WRT54GS running
bcrm-2.4.

wrt54gs running bcrm-2.4 MIPSEL: real    1m24.800s
TL-WR1034ND running ar71xx MIPS: real    2m40.678s

both ran own recursion.

Cheers,
Sebastian