I'm providing a mirror of Deadwood OpenWRT files

Sebastian Müller spamcatch-maradns.org at messageme.de
Wed Sep 22 18:56:28 EDT 2010

Am 22.09.2010 18:43, schrieb Sam Trenholme:
>> I am not very firm with ARM CPU's and
>> don't know the differences between ARMv5t and ARMv5te, but of course I
>> can recompile the binary with -mthumb if you want.
>
> OK, I’m thinking maybe we should then have two binaries: A
> conservative non-thumb compile that is guaranteed to work on pretty
> much any ARM CPU out there, and a slightly less conservative thumb
> binary which showcases how small Deadwood is and that the ARM Thumb
> ISA can make binaries as small as or smaller than x86_32 binaries
> (possibly “nearly as small as”).
>
> We can put the “thumb” binary in a separate directory.

/I will ask at IRC#openwrt if there would be any trouble using -mthumb
for v5te./

I asked in IRC#openwrt one of the main-devs said:
00:30 < *> the 't' in ARMv5t/te stands for 'thumb'

So, for now, I got this (visual) difference for you
#ls -l ARM*/*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 sebastian sebastian 73772 23. Sep 00:53 ARM/Deadwood
-rwxr-xr-x 1 sebastian sebastian 49608 23. Sep 00:53 ARM-thumb/Deadwood

> As an aside, I’m fixing a number of minor bugs in the parser.   Things
> like the “+=” (append) operator not working for
> upstream_servers/root_servers, the parser not strictly enforcing the
> use of only unused dictionary variables, the parser not requiring
> dictionary variables being initialized with a line like "root_servers
> = {}", things like that.
>
> - Sam

I will update the binaries after you released the fixed version.
Do you see any exigence in archiving the binaries?

Cheers,