New MaraDNS and Deadwood snapshots

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:52:14 EDT 2011

In today's snapshot of MaraDNS, I have fixed an error reported on this
list by Bryan Duff [1]. In particular, instead of replying with "not
implemented" when given an IXFR or AXFR query over UDP, MaraDNS now
returns "truncated".

In today's snapshot of Deadwood, I have refined the heuristics of how
to handle empty packets by only treating them as "this host does not
exist" if the user asked for an AAAA (IPv6 IP) record. This resolves a
problem Deadwood has resolving the archive.org names when one of the
three upstream DNS servers replied to requests with a REFUSED DNS
reply.

They can be downloaded here:

    http://www.maradns.org/download/2.0/snap/
    http://www.maradns.org/deadwood/snap/

The next day I will work on MaraDNS is two weeks from today: Friday,
April 29 2011.

- Sam

[1] http://woodlane.webconquest.com/pipermail/list/2011-March/000807.html